Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Letter To The One In Charge

Dear Alien Abduction Team:
The jig is up; I'm on to you so you might as well fess up now before any one gets hurt. You know what I'm talking about - I want my daughter back! You've had her for over a year now and I'm ready for her to come home. You think you fooled me, eh? I don't know how you did it. Maybe it's a case of the pod people, maybe you inserted some weird alien centipede like Stephenie did in The Host. I don't know. There's a marked difference in said child's behavior that can only be attributed to alien abduction. She's been moody - laughing one minute and in tears the next, she's sassy and has learned, and mastered, the art of back talking. She's developed a sense of self importance and bossiness as well as nosiness that was NOT there before you snatched the "real Emma" from our home. Her intellect seems to have heightened greatly, and not in a good way. She considers herself the authority on ANY subject and insists that she's right about everything, no matter how crazy or outlandish it may sound coming out of her mouth.
I now have your version of Emma tied up and gagged and she will be waiting for you in her bedroom. I will be happy to make a peaceful exchange tomorrow morning at 7am so that the real Emma doesn't miss the school bus.
Sincerely,
Amy
P.S. NO it is not hormones! She's only 8 years old, for goodness' sake!!!

4 comments:

Hiller Family said...

Oh how I wish it could be true, wouldn't it be nice to know it was something that easy. I'm in activity days and one of the moms was telling me the average age for a girl to start her period is between 9 and 10. I couldn't believe it, when I told Darrin I think he almost fell off his chair. What to look forward too. Good Luck!

Joella Kingsbury said...

After almost two years of the same type of personality changes I am finding that it must be normal for the age. I can't figure anything else out. Now my 7 almost 8 year old boy is doing the same things (minus the crying) They must be trying to figure out the best and worst ways to act and who they want to be. (and what they can get away with =)

Amy Bahnmiller said...

Oh Amers! At least we encounter this together! Lets whine over some ummm - something illegal on our diets! LOL :) Love you!

Unknown said...

It doesn't get any easier as they get older. Sorry. Just hang in there.

But, thanks for the birthday wishes.