Thursday, October 30, 2008

*sigh...*

Shhhhhh...listen really close. Do you hear that? Neither do I! Absolute quiet. Our house hasn't been this still in more than a couple of days. My BFF Kris is visiting with her five kids and we've been set at "perma-loud" since they got here. Forget the fact that there are now 8 children and 4 adults living here. These poor kids are all confined to the same space! They have to share pretty much every square inch there is and it's wearing on their nerves. I know it's hard to be away from your home and everything that is familiar, but I'm going to be selfish! I love my friend and am completely happy that she braved the LONG drive up here with just her and her five bored and tired kids. Any woman deserves a medal for willingly taking that on.

Anyway, she took the kids around lunch time to go and visit her sister in law who also lives in this area and now my two littlest ones are taking naps...sweet, quiet bliss. I have to wonder how a mother keeps her sanity with so much noise all the time?

In other news...I got to go to the doctor's office today for several painful and humiliating tests. More than the usual "annual" exams that we women endure, I'm afraid. Anyway, I'm moving a little slower than usual but should be better in a day or two. Wish me luck that they don't find that any green worms, purple polka-dotted creepy crawlies or something worse are hanging out where they don't belong!

Ciao, my fine friends! Have a happy and safe Halloween!!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Good luck with those tests. I hope it all turns out the way you want it to.

By the way: You have been boo-ed. To see what I mean, come check out my blog.