Monday, October 6, 2008

Don't You Hate It When...


Don't you hate it when you are loyal to a certain brand and then find out, through real life experience, that said brand is NOT as good as it says it is???
I'll finally admit it. I've been sick and have spent a lot of time sitting in the bathroom over the weekend. I finally felt well enough to get my sorry rear end out of bed and into the bathroom for another kind of visit...I finally took a shower! Yay! I kept thinking how nice it would be to clean up and that, hopefully, I was on the mend. I finished washing and turned the water off - that's when my stomach started to gurgle. I tried to quickly towel off but only made it through the front half of my body before having to run to the toilet. "Dang!" I thought. "I JUST got cleaned up." I half thought about getting back into the shower but totally forgot all about that as I looked at the roll of Charmin attached to the wall. I broke out into a cold sweat just thinking of the "squeaze-ably soft" tissue. Seriously, I won't lie, my bum was SORE!!! I kept thinking about the extra $5-$6 that I spend at Costco for my Charmin and that it's totally a rip off! Now, if they could take a chapter out of Puffs Plus' book and add a touch of lotion to their tissue I'd be a much happier camper. As it was, all I could think about was Candid Carrie and that I could totally relate to the idea of finding a nice cold piece of marble to sit on. (Seriously, if you haven't read this one, click on the link. You'll laugh harder than you have in a really. long. time.)
Anyway. I'm sure that the bug has finally passed and I'm on to bigger and better things. My chapped bottom is starting to heal and I can actually sit like a normal person now instead of only on one cheek. No thanks to Charmin!
Can you think of something that would make the rest of us Roll On the Floor Laughing? If so, go visit Shelle at Blokthoughts today and play along!

6 comments:

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

LOL...I have only had CHarmin and haven't bought anything else for a long time, thanks to Costco...so My bum doesn't remember the better times! LOL!

Marinka said...

oh NO! But I'm glad that you're feeling better!

Amy Bahnmiller said...

awww amy! Maybe lotion yourself... LOL but not in that way.. LOL! Feel better?

Candid Carrie said...

Thanks for the link!

And why is it that such a simple thing like toilet paper has to be so complicated.

I found some toilet paper that I really, really liked. I swear it was like butter for your butt!

Unloaded it into the cabinet and when it came time to replenish the stash ... well, absolutely nowhere on the actual "rolls" did it ever say what brand it was! How am I supposed to be a repeat customer when there is no way to know what I had in the first place!

Joella Kingsbury said...

That is a real bummer!! Next time you should just take a box of puffs in with you. =) I am glad you are feeling better.

binks said...

Nope, I've tried 'em all and Charmin is, by and far, the best.
However, extra strong is not as soft as extra soft. Can you imagine?

Are you kitchen countertops granite? It's as good as marble.