We have several artists in our family but I'm only going to tell you about three today. The first are my two older children. Monday night, same night as the broken garage, the kids were all out playing and having fun. Yesterday afternoon Ian told me that Emma had written all of the boys names that she loves on the sidewalk while she was outside Monday. I assumed that she was using chalk - they'd been "decorating" every available piece of cement since last week. He had my interest and so I asked him to show me where she'd written everything down. We have a vacant home in our neighborhood (it was abandoned) and the kids in our circle like to use it as a staging ground for all of their activities. They play hide and go seek, war, tag or they ride their bikes up and down their driveway. Well, they decided that it'd be the perfect place to decorate...with markers! Someone brought their Crayola markers over and they all colored and wrote on the driveway and front porch. Argh! My kids, the vandals. So, they were sent over with a bucket of soapy water and a brush. They'll go back every day until it's gone, which may be next spring at the rate we're going.
The final artist I'm going to tell you about today is Samantha. She has shamelessly been nagging me for quite some time to blog about her - she thinks she'll get her 15 minutes of fame this way, I suppose. Sam's my little sister and I love her. She really is a lot of fun and we have good times when we can be together. (She lives in Colorado) Anyway, here's a photo of her "artist's pose." She's thinking really hard - can you tell?
Okay, actually she's just sending a bowling ball down the lane. But you have to admire the look of concentration and the ability to hold that look for the ENTIRE 10 minutes it took for the dumb ball to reach the pins!
Love you, sis! I hope this meets your expectations for fame... bwa-ha-ha-ha!!!
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment