I was thinking about this the other day and it made me chuckle, so I thought I'd share. It's from the very beginning of my marriage - we'd only been married for 11 months (yep, ELEVEN) when we had our first child. It wasn't what we had planned, but we were excited none the less.
Anyway, I came home one afternoon from work & I heard a mighty wail coming from the direction of our bedroom. I immediately went into panic mode! I thought for sure that something had happened to my precious newborn baby and so I rushed downstairs as fast as I could. It was a miracle that I didn't fall as I was going - I am challenged by gravity, I'll admit. I got to the basement and there's Jeff trying to yank her outfit off of her head while holding her by the ankles and hanging her upside down. She was MAD! I was mad. I started to yell at him and told him that that was NOT how you were supposed to change a new baby! (I thought that after 2 months he'd have figured it out) He looked over at me with the most disgusted look on his face and then he turned her around so that I could see the back of her. Ugh! I will never forget that moment - it was gross. She had yellowish-brown goo running from her knees up to her hair line and it was stinky. The only clean place to hold on to her was by her ankles! YUCK. Poor Jeff. It was the only way he knew how to get her clothes off of her without making a bigger mess somewhere else. I helped him out, trying not to gag, and we finally removed the offending object from her head - I'd decided that it would just be better to burn something that desecrated - and then Jeff marched her into the bathroom. Good idea, I thought. Let's wash her a little bit before we get her changed. I came into the bathroom as he was turning on the shower. He made sure the water was just right and then he stuck the still-upside-down baby in. She was furious. The indignation! How could he?! She finally came out all of 15 seconds later and was taken to her room to get bundled up. She was then rewarded for her suffering with a warm bottle. You know, after 8 years I think she's finally over it. She'll willingly take a shower now. Of course, I'm not sure we're entirely free of any side effects...
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

3 comments:
Arg!! Emily used to have massive exploding diapers. Usually right before people came to visit. I swear they probably thought I never tended my young. Sorry to hear about your car. My mom once did something similar with their car except it was with a kayak...that poor garage door never was the same.
I am so glad my days with baby poo are over!
ummm amy, this didnt take place today, so i expect something about me tomorrow! lol
Post a Comment