Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I Know I'm A Day Late, But...

Don'tcha hate it when you're working on something, totally absorbed, when your kids decide that they HAVE to get your attention??? Jeff and I were working diligently on a cake for Carolyn's birthday party when Abbey & Ian had decided that they were done with "quite time." (It's the wonderful 1 to 1 1/2 hours after lunch where they have to spend time quietly playing in their rooms instead of taking a nap.) We were madly frosting, piping and adding candy to the cake when this walked into the room.





Now, before you ask let me just say that, yes they were clean pairs of unders and, NO, I did not let them watch some crazy college frat movie the night before. They came up with this idea all on their own. I laughed hard enough that I had frosting coming out my nose and was worried that I'd have to make a mad dash to the bathroom.

Ahem. Anyway...

This is the final product (after we were done cleaning frosting and sprinkles out of our noses). Let me just say that Carolyn loves sprinkles. She buys them by the Clown-filled bottle and chugs them like an 18 year old kid would chug for pledge week at Alpha Delta something-or-other. So we loaded the cake up with sprinkles, sugar cookies, LOTS of frosting, candy corns and little pumpkins. Here's what it looked like. (psst...I know I'm not Martha Stewart, but getting the stupid sugar cookies to actually stand up was a wonderous miracle all on it's own!) Also, never mind the chubby girl having a bad hair day sitting next to said cake. Jeff wouldn't take the stupid picture without her sitting in with it. Yeesh!



Okay, so after the cake was done we all got into the car and headed down the road to Grandma's house for an early Halloween party. We decided that this might be fun...





136 pounds of pumpkin fun later we left to eat dinner and cake with Grandma & Grandpa Wixom. All in all it was a pretty fun day but we were all tired and grouchy by the time we got home. Today's a new day and I'll be spending it cleaning up the messes I made yesterday because....drumroll, please.....KRIS IS COMING!!!! Yay!! My bestest boosom friend in the whole gosh darn wide world is coming with her FIVE kids for a couple of days!!!! Whoopeee!!! (I'm doing the happy dance, in case you couldn't tell)

5 comments:

Amy Bahnmiller said...

I don't see any person by your account sitting next to that lovely cake! I see the best redheaded baker lady with a huge heart sitting there. I loves ya!

Hiller Family said...

That cake is impressive! A visit from you BFF you are so lucky. Enjoy your visit girls.

Linda Gibbs said...

Great cake!!! You did awesome! And I again agree with Amy. (I do that a lot)I saw no such person next to the cake. I saw my friend Amy! You know, the one who is a great mom and wife. Good friend, and would take care of MY stepmother when she lived in Ut, when I lived so far away. Jeff, you're cool too!

Unknown said...

First, awesome cake. You're doing my gingerbread house this year, okay? The picture is a really good one of you too. Kudos to Jeff for making you sit in the pic. I swear our kids will look back at our family albums when we're dead and gone and wonder where Mom is the whole time. I love the control....bwahahahaha!

Have a great time with your gal pal. It was fun running into the two of you last night. Gotta love the last minute Walmart trips.

Joella Kingsbury said...

Those pictures are great!! I LOVE the cake! You are so talented!!