I was asked to make a cake for a 13 year old girl and have it ready for last night. I was given no direction - "Just make something cute." Well Tuesday the case lot sales started in our area and I couldn't pass them up so I hopped in the car and dropped some cash so that I could beef up my food storage. In the process I strained my back and now it's totally out of whack. ANYWAY, trying to make a cake with a whacked out back is not so much fun so my friend Jen came over to help me out. We made an orange cake (tastes like an orange cream-cicle) with cream cheese frosting. Next we made some fondant and proceeded with the decorating. This is where I needed help - have you ever tried to roll out dough when your back was hurting so bad that you were ready to bribe any doctor you could find for a good pain killer??? It's not fun!
So, she rolled the dough out and then we cut out all of the different pieces and this is what we're left with. In case you can't tell, it's supposed to look like a present - polka dot wrapping paper... Does it resemble that AT ALL? Okay, just lie to me so that I feel better.
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

4 comments:
Your cake looks great! Sorry to hear about you back, ouch. I hate when I do something like that, I usually pay for it for days.
I think the cake looks exactly like a polka-dot present. I could not even make something like that with a normal-feeling back let alone a messed up one.
Hope your back feels better soon.
I think it turned out great! And so did the girls I showed the picture to at choir practice after I left your house. I had a fun time learning from you...thanks!
I hope your'e feeling better, plus I bet it will help to have Jeff home for a few days! :)
That cake is so cool!! You did such a good job!
Post a Comment