Tonight we took the kids out to the church orchard so that we could pick the apple trees. We also want to try to teach them what service is and get them used to the idea of helping others. There are a ton of trees that needed to be picked and so we strapped on our picking buckets and climbed the ladders. They also allow you to take home any apples that fall on the ground so we brought buckets with us. (I want to make apple sauce this weekend.)
Anyway, I strapped my picking bucket onto my body and started to climb up the ladder. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a complete clutz! I've actually sprained my ankle while walking across carpet - more than once. I try to be extra careful when in high places but usually end up getting hurt somehow. Tonight I had the bucket strapped on and started to load it up while perched at the top of the ladder. I'll admit that I got a little dizzy when I looked down but other than that I'm actually kind of proud of myself because I didn't fall off AND I managed to fill my bucket! Woo-hoo! Climbing down was another story. I managed to dump half of my bucket on the ground but didn't break any bones, which is a bonus!
This is what we came home with. I'm excited to make and can homemade apple sauce on Saturday. Let's just hope that I don't trip and sprain something when I try to carry the buckets into the house.
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

1 comment:
Mmmmmmmmmmmm homemade applesauce! What a good activity to do as a family and an even more important lesson, good job..
Post a Comment