Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Fun.

Lots of pictures today. We went on a hay ride at a pumpkin patch and, yes, we collected more pumpkins. That puts the tally up to 17 with 9 of them carved. We're pretty freakin' festive this year! Woo-hoo! Carving that many pumpkins takes a few minutes especially if the kids doing the carving (yeah, right) are between the ages of 3 and 11. They THINK they want to carve pumpkins but get pooped out from just scraping out the insides. Wimps. So, Kris (BFF, remember?) and I decided we'd carve everyone's pumpkins and then we set them all out for the world to admire them. I'm sure we could've won an award if someone was giving them out.

Okay, so then we got the crazies dressed into their costumes and set out to rid our neighbors of their over abundance of candy. One person gave out full sized candy bars and another gave out juice boxes with packages of un-popped microwave popcorn. We made sure to write down their addresses because they WILL be visited again next year.

Some friends of ours invited us to a kid Halloween party but advised that the littlest ones probably would have too much "party stimulation" and may freak out. So Jeff stayed home with the 3-3 year olds and Kris & I took the rest of the kids to the party. There was dancing with really loud music (mostly 80's...YES!!!), fun games and lots and LOTS of food. I think that the annual sugar intake has been consumed in one night for Ian. I'm pretty sure he at an entire pan of brownies all by himself and will have chocolate poop for the next week. We also saw a preview of what teenage hormone hell will be like - heaven help us all! Emma and Kris' daughter were batting their eyes, teasing and flirting like a couple of pros and I'm sitting there thinking to myself, "How and WHEN did she learn to do that??? Then I saw the boys doing the same thing but they were aiming their eye lashes at MY DAUGHTER! She's 8 going on 16 and I'm not ready...at all.

The best part of the night, though, was watching kids who think they have rythm dance. BWAHAHAHA!!! Emma gyrates with grace just like Elaine from Seinfeld but Ian actually did pretty well. I think he's trying to figure out break dancing because he'd sit on his rear and spin his legs around and then point at me with his "finger gun" and wink. Huh? We haven't watched Saturday Night Fever in a long time...at least not when the kids were around. He he - just kidding. We were watching Pretty In Pink.

Anyway, here are some pictures from today. I don't think I'll be able to post tomorrow - to traumatic of a day for me. Kris is going home and I'm not sure I'll be able to cope without my boosom BFF. *sigh* Maybe I've convinced her that Idaho's not so bad. AND if her kids were successful at the flirting thing maybe I can get them to help me... (Okay, we're also driving to Callie's tomorrow to see our niece get baptized.)

1 comment:

Hiller Family said...

It looks like you guys have been keeping busy. I love all the pictures, there adorable.