Monday, October 20, 2008

Don't You Hate It When...

This is a re-post from awhile ago - sorry if you've heard it before.

Don't you hate it when you leave to pick your kid up and you come home to this???


Today I went grocery shopping. Albertson's is having a really good deal on cereal and some other baking items and I had some really good coupons to go along with the deals so I decided I'd get up early and hit the road. I got lots of cereal, cake mixes, frosting, etc. I came home and Jeff and I helped each other put the food away in the pantry as well in our secondary storage area upstairs. I think we both thought that the other one had put the frosting away. That was our first mistake. The second mistake was that I left to go pick Emma up from a sleep-over and Jeff was upstairs working on the computer. He noticed that the house was too quiet and so went to investigate. There usually is only one place the kids go when we can't find them. They hide behind the love seat in the front room. They are usually hiding there because they've snuck some treat from the kitchen that they're not supposed to have. Jeff found Abbey there with her fists shoved into the frosting container, frosting all over her, the floor, the heat vent and some even got on the couch. Ian was also in on the merriment - he was just smart enough to leave before Jeff found him and even managed to wash his hands and face to hide any evidence.
I guess the upside to this is that now my living room smells like vanilla frosting without having to light any candles! Woo-hoo!!!

Now it's time to go over and visit Shelle and leave her a comment telling her how much you liked my post!!! She's got a contest going on and, I'm not ashamed to admit, I want to WIN!

4 comments:

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

THat's frosting? It looks like powder...frosting is so much worse!

Thanks to blogging my kids end up in this kind of mess more often than I care to admit! lol!

Kritta22 said...

Oh my goodness! Did it come out??? I've never had to clean up a frosting mess..yet! Maybe others but not frosting! Oh yes I would hate this!!

Nan said...

OMGosh, yep, I'd hate that too! But I like the idea of the vanilla smell over the post by Binks and her description of a smell of someone who had worked outside all day, and came in smelling like
"a combination of crap, wet camel and rotten eggs"

binks said...

Ah yes - my grossness spreads across the internet.

Thank goodness I never had to deal with something like this when Cab was little. I can't, however, vouch for what I might find hidden in his room today.