Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Quirky Tag

Amanda tagged me today and I'm actually kind of glad. It gives me something to blog about. (Let's just hope that I'm not late for church because I'm trying to think of witty things to say)
Rules:
Link the person who tagged you (check)
Mention the rules on your blog (check)
Tell about six quirks of yours (check)
Tag six fellow bloggers to do the same (check)
Leave a comment to let them know (check)

Okay, quirks... The thing I want to know is how do I know it's a quirk if it's a normal thing I do? Hmm. Maybe I'll go with "what things do I do that make other people give me 'the look'?"

1.) I can feel the individual threads in a pair of socks or pantyhose. I can't wear them more than a couple of hours before it feels like I'm walking really hard wires. (unless it's a really high thread count and they're tightly woven together)

2.) I CANNOT breathe in anyone else's air. I think I'm claustrophobic, actually. If my husband is laying right next to me, and even if he's just brushed his teeth, I can't re-breathe his hot air.

3.) I have to close the blinds BEFORE it gets dark at night, because what if someone's outside my window and they can see me but I can't see them because of the reflection of light in the house????

4.) I always wake up at 6am to go to the bathroom. It doesn't matter if I drink a whole glass of water before bed or if I don't drink anything. My bladder has a timer, apparently.

5.) When I get out of the shower I have to dry off in a specific order. My face, left arm, right arm, front, hair, back, feet, left leg and then right leg. Weird, huh?

6.) I always buckle my seatbelt when I'm in the front seat but never in the backseat. Maybe I feel safer in the backseat and don't feel like I need to wear it? Dunno.

Whew...finished! Yay! Okay, six people that I want to learn more about...
*Auntie Ellen
*Jen B
*Joella
*Callie
*Carolyn
*Crystal
(I'm going to do 7 people because I know how much Soapbox Amy loves tags...)

2 comments:

Alanya/Ally said...

I do the exact same thing with the breathing! I can't stand having anyone breath in my space! Just like you, even if my husband just brushed his teeth... so we kiss instead!

Hiller Family said...

I am there with you on the whole blind thing. Even though Darrin doesn't leave town anymore, there are nights he is gone till ten or eleven. I am such a freak when it comes to the dark.