I found out last night that there are real live heroes! They don't even wear capes, masks, funny boots or utility belts, either. Who would think to recognize a super hero without their official super hero outfits?
Anyway. Sunday we were loading the van with Jeff's suitcase so that we could take him to the airport for another trip to Kansas. We'd left the tailgate up so that he could also load his laptop. He went into the house and so did I - I assume because we'd forgotten something? I really can't remember now. I made it back out into the garage before he did and decided that I would back the van out so we'd be ready to run when he finally emerged. (We were running late, as usual) What I failed to remember is that the tailgate was still up...duh. This is what I did to my van. I took a much better picture but then decided that y'all didn't need to know my license plate number.
Just do a mirror image of this picture and you get the general idea of how much damage I did to our only mode of transportataion. The gate won't even lift up now because it's all automated. I came into the house in tears and all Jeff did was tell me it was going to be okay and then gave me a great hug. What a Hero.
Then yesterday the kids were playing with the other kids in our circle and they were having a great time! They opened the garage door and got their bikes, trikes and scooters out. I was inside cooking a gourmet dinner of grilled cheese sandwiches. (I know, you wish your kids could eat like this every day...yeah, right.) So I'm in the kitchen and I hear the garage door being closed. This is a no-no in our house. The garage door doesn't get closed unless everyone's ready to come in. I went into the garage to scold who ever it was that was pushing the dumb button when I saw the door bounce back up on it's own and Emma freaking out that the door won't close. What she'd failed to realize in the 5 times that she'd attempted to close the door was that Ian's bike was parked right under the door which was causing it to bend in the middle and crimp the metal. Bwahhhh!!! I screamed, hollered, lectured and finally told them to just get into the house so they could eat their stupid grilled cheese. I called a wonderful person at church and asked if he'd be willing to come over to help me close my garage door. He said he'd do it. No questions asked. Nothing. So I baked him cookies. He brought a friend and they were here for 2 hours, went to Home Depot for some bolts and drilled some holes in the top of the door. I don't care, though. My heroes came and all they took for payment was a thank you and a plate of double fudge chocolate cookies....
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

2 comments:
What a day.... I hope today will be better!
I could just kiss sweet people like that! I'm so glad you had help. Amy - if you need me - I'm around and up to life for the next two weeks... even if it's to drop off your kiddoes for a few hours, really... HUGS!!!! and I mean it.
Post a Comment