Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Abbey's Near Death Experience

Abbey's in pre-school and we love it! She gets to go three days a week for an hour and a half and Mommy gets to have some blessed time all to herself. It's actually heaven on earth some days. Showers get to be taken with the bathroom door UNLOCKED, I get to eat my breakfast with only one spoon dipping into my bowl of Cheerios AND (perhaps the best part) I get to go to the grocery store and actually leave with what's on my list and no extras!!! Woo-hoo!
Well, yesterday I went to pick Abbey up from pre-school and she was sitting on the couch all curled up into a ball and her face was red and blotchy. She'd been crying.
Anyone who knows Abbey, or any of my kids for that matter, knows that this



and this



don't mix. It doesn't matter how small or how big, how mean or completely docile the animal happens to be. Upon seeing such a ferocious (yeah right) animal my kids will become unable to move except that they immediately start screaming like they've had their arm hacked off. They shake, cry and scream until an adult physically removes them from the situation. It's silly, I know. We're all allergic to anything that grows fur so we've never had pets and the kids haven't really been around them. All of our siblings (both sides of the family) are also highly allergic. Poor kids - we're traumatizing them because we don't like to sneeze. Anyway, we've made friends with the pre-school teacher again and now she knows that Abbey's terrified to go into the backyard to play.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Poor girl. I did not even think about how any furry animal could cause such shock. But, I guess if it is something you are not used then something on 4 legs with fur could freak a preschooler out.

Hiller Family said...

Oh how sad. My kids are the opposite they will bring home anything, especially if it is dirty, smelly, and hungry lucky me. I think I would prefer the scared thing over the I can save every living thing attitude.:)

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Hey Girl I awarded you! :) Come over and check it out! :)

Unknown said...

Could you have picked a more pitiful picture of that puppy up? Goodness.

Sorry about the allergies.

Unknown said...

Crap! I could have put the kitty in the other room when you came by. I bet your nose just LOVES my house.