Sunday, November 2, 2008

I'd Like To Share My Testimony...


Today at church was fast and testimony meeting. If I'd been able to extricate myself from the pew this is how it would've gone:
"I'd like to share my testimony that I know Smarties are the only way to go. When your husband is out of town and your children haven't figured out how to sit still for the hour we're in Sacrament Meeting, Smarties and maybe Lifesavers are the only way to keep them quiet so that the other members of the congregation can listen. I know that the banana flavored Lifesavers and the green Smarties are the yucky ones but anything blue or pink taste the best and, therefore, keep the kids occupied. I also have learned that once I start handing out sugar I can't stop and so I need to bring 4 rolls of Smarties and 3 rolls of Lifesavers to get 3 kids to make it through without killing each other or taking 5 gagillion trips to the bathroom. I know that Pat, who sits 4 rows behind us, watches us during the meeting when she's bored. (She told me so today.) She said that that will get her through the meeting - even though she doesn't have flavored sugar to suck on. I'm grateful for whoever invented processed sugar and that the Lord helped them to figure out the process. I'm also thankful to all of the wonderful people who donated said candy to my children on Halloween night so that I didn't have to spend money while turning my children into future diabetics. Amen."

4 comments:

Jennifer Edwards said...

LOL...I would have loved to hear that testimony over the pulpit!!! sad it didn't happen :)

Unknown said...

I love it! Speaking of Pat, she just got engaged. Poor gal, having to date someone in the same ward. Talk about a fishbowl...

I think you really should have given your testimony. It's a gem. It would have gone great right after the political speeches. I think everyone needed sugar afterward. I can't wait till about three weeks from now when everyone will stop talking about the elections because unfortunately it will take three weeks after tomorrow before the media will let it drop and remind us all to shop till we drop for Christmas because you are not okay until you buy your way into poverty.

Hope you enjoyed my rant.

Hiller Family said...

Ha-ha, I love your testimony and I think any mom would relate to you after this weekend.

The Crash Test Dummy said...

Okay, that was hilarious and I just want to say I totally agree with Pat.

AMEN!