
Abbey is three years old. She's been trained for quite a while in the fine art of using the facilities. It seems that lately, though, she's been missing more than getting it in so that it can be disposed of. We've had a lot of wet pants and even some smelly pants on occasion. Saturday she messed her pants and so I made her clean them out herself thinking that she'd appreciate the nastiness of the job and not want to "miss" again. Not so. Yesterday she came upstairs and told me she'd messed her pants again and that she needed help. I told her that she'd have to clean them out herself and she told me that they were downstairs. In the toilet. She'd already started the job, apparently. We went down to inspect the damage and all I found was a semi-wet toilet seat.
Me: "Where are your panties, Abbey?"
Her: "I washed them"
Me: "Where are they now?"
Her: "In the potty"
Me: (in a slightly higher voice) "Where?!?"
Her: pointing to the now empty toilet
Me: "You FLUSHED them?"
Her: nodding while trying not to cry
I flushed a couple more times to make sure that everything made it's way to the street so that we don't get a backup somewhere. I had a stern talk with her and then took her upstairs to tell Jeff what she'd done. She looked at Jeff and started to tell him in her whiney, crying voice (which he couldn't understand). I started to tell him and ended up laughing so hard that I couldn't get it out either.
Today we've decided to bribe the three year old by telling her that if she can have an accident-free day she'll get a treat at the end. My fingers and toes are crossed.
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

3 comments:
ohhh.... I'm so sorry for the relapsing... it's tough...
hope you're doing well
Hey! I had a thought. We need to gang up on Callie and Mindy to get blogs.
Wow! I remember those days with Emily. We used to have a big box of whoppers. When she made a poopy, she got a "poo poo treat". She just couldn't understand why people would look at her funny when she asked if she could have poo poo treats. Looking back, I guess it was a rather disgusting nickname.
Post a Comment