Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Yet Another Crazy Day


And it's not even 8am yet! Today is the day that I drive to Burley to give my coupon class to Callie's ward. Before I can leave I have the usual getting things done routine but I also need to leave within the next hour because Lisa, my sister, needs to be at the airport around 9:30.
The kids have gone to Grandma's house - we did that last night. I got a phone call this morning, however, from Jeff's mom letting me know that I'd forgotten to leave the kids' carseats. CRAP! I definitely didn't have time to drive the hour-long round trip to NP and back but she did let me know that Carolyn is heading that way later this morning and that I could just take them to her. Okay. I can do this. It's only 25 minutes round trip - I can figure out how to get my hair dry, pack and finish up any last minute preparation for my class... breathe, breathe...
So, I jumped in the car and drove as fast as I could with my head hanging out the window to dry my hair from the shower I'd taken 10 minutes before. I'm home now but have frizzed out hair that I'm trying to comb through and my eyes are watering due to the local farmers harvesting their hay. Oh well. First impressions with new people are HIGHLY over rated - right?

No comments: