It's been a long night! You know when you're supposed to wake up earlier than you're used to so you worry all night long if you're going to hear your alarm clock? Yup, I do too, now. Let me start with the beginning of my night. I settled into bed and was watching Design To Sell on HGTV (it's an addiction). We've discussed in the past how terrified I am of the Boogey Man and I SWEAR he came back last night. I was watching my show trying to get sleepy enough to drop off to sleep when someone started knocking on my bedroom window. tap, tap, tap. Uhhhhh. I hurried and called Jeff and tried to tell him what was going on while hyperventilating. After he got me calmed down enough that he could actually understand what I was saying, he assured me that no one was outside my window and that it was okay when suddenly it happened again. tap, tap, tap-tap. AHHHHHH!!!!!! The Boogey Man, The Boogey Man!!!!! Jeff then remembered that Emma was thinking the same thing the other night when she heard a tap-tap on her window and they discovered that it was just a couple of morons lighting off fireworks 10 DAYS PAST THE HOLIDAY!!!! Feeling kind of dumb I reluctantly hung up the phone but slept with the hall light on anyway.
I had finally dropped off when someone was poking me in the shoulder. I startled awake and sat straight up in bed. By the time my eyes were focused enough to see who was there Ian had started whispering. "Mom, I just don't want to sleep alone." Well, I CAN'T sleep when little ones are in the bed because they thrash around like a fish out of water, so I told him he could sleep with one of his toys and to go back to bed. He trotted back up the stairs and I tried to go back to sleep.
An hour later someone was shaking the bed! Apparently Abbey didn't want to sleep alone either and had decided that I'd make a good bunk mate. I let her lay there for a few minutes and then took her back upstairs. I'm not sure how long it was until I woke up next. All I know is that I thought I'd heard Abbey yelling at me in my sleep. I sat up again and listened intently for the Boogey Man. Then I heard him snoring in the corner of my room. I got up to investigate and found Abbey instead curled up in the overstuffed chair in the corner of my room. I picked her up and carried her up the stairs again. Have you ever noticed that when you're half asleep your sense of balance is thrown WAY off? I almost fell down the stairs twice while trying to carry her up to her room.
This morning I got up, got dressed and made my bed. We have more contractors coming today and the first were supposed to be here at 8. Ian and Emma had also woken up and I asked them to please be quiet so that Abbey could sleep. The doorbell rang and Ian and Emma immediately ran to the door to see who it was. (Mind you, they were still in their pj's and with sleep goo still in their eyes and their hair sticking straight up) The mirror guys were here to do some work but Ian had some important questions to get out of the way before they could start.
Ian: Did you know that we beat Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii???
Mirror Guy: You did! Wow, that's great!
Ian: Are you the fix-it-up chappie?
Mirror Guy: (giving me a funny look) Uhhh, no.
Ian: Do you know how to do the Funk-a-dill-o?
Mirror Guy: The what?
Ian: It's a dance that I learned on the Backyardigans.
He then proceeded to lean back like one would do if he were about to limbo under something and then started to swing his arms around like a windmill.
Mirror guy: (laughing and shaking his head) Nope, I sure don't know how to do that!
Bring on the next contractor...If you dare!
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

2 comments:
Gosh darn that boogie man.... Thanks for the bellyaching laugh... toooooo good!
I feel your pain about the boogie man. I hate with a passion being home alone after dark. I hope for your sake tonight will go better.
Post a Comment