Thursday, July 17, 2008

HUH?? WHAT DID YOU SAY?!?!!

My ears are ringing, my house stinks, the thermostat is 5 degrees above what it's set at and I CAN'T do anything about it!!! I'm starting to feel a little bit dizzy and I'm pretty sure I saw pink polka-dots with purple elephants on the wall downstairs, weird.
Today is the big day... the day we have 95% of the work done on our house for the warranty. It started out okay, Allen came over and was painting things here and there. I was actually worried that the horse smell coming from the pasture behind our house would offend his delicate sense of smell...yeah, right. The linoleum floor guy came to reseal the seam in the kitchen and that stuff is NASTY! Whew, I can hardly stand it. If anyone tried huffing in school and wants to come re-live the light-headedness come on over! Then the cement guys came. They have an electric saw that runs on an oil/gas mix and it's wafting into the house. Plus the noise from the saw and now the jack hammer is deafening. I'm afraid to turn my A/C on because I'm sure that the gasoline smell will then permeate the ENTIRE house. (the air return system is in the garage) I can't leave and go for a drive because that would mean unattended contractors...I'm not a very trusting person,am I?
Oh well. Here's a picture of the garage & the FOUR GUYS IT TAKES TO GET IT DONE as of right now. I'll post an updated picture when they leave. (who knows when that will be?) Right now I'm just praying that I don't have too many dead brain cells after they leave.

1 comment:

Hiller Family said...

Good for you getting all your warranty stuff taken care of. We hardly had any, but could never get the contractors to call us back.