It hasn't been a rough day for ME...it's everyone else who's had a crazy one. It started last night. Emma went out to dinner with one of her friends and then came home and they wanted to have a sleep-over. "Fine with me," I said. I told Amy, Emma's friend's mom, that I had to work today so I'd either pick Emma up at 8am on my way to drop off the other kids at Aunt Carolyn's for the day or she could stay for the day. They were all set to spend the day together and off they went. The next thing I heard from her was around 11:30pm calling to ask a question. Then another phone call at 12:30am asking me if she can come home because she was homesick. (Personally I think it's because she was told it was time for bed and she realized how tired she REALLY was.) She ended up staying the night and then reigning like a holy terror for most of the day today. Aunt Carolyn ended going to get her around 3:30 this afternoon and I have to hand it to my friend Amy, she toughed it out for a LONG TIME. To top it off she's passing a kidney stone right now and I can only imagine that her day was pretty crappy.
Carolyn was watching Abbey and Ian today and she's got back pain so bad that she can't bend over. Add to that the fact that we think Abbeys got a bladder infection (hence all of the wet pants) and her day was a long one too. We got home tonight and the kids went to bed as soon as we read scriptures and said a family prayer. They aren't too happy with me but they're also really tired and need the sleep.
So, tomorrow is another day and, hopefully, it will be a better one. Emma's going to be spending some time pulling weeds tomorrow to make up for her bad behavior today. I think I might even have her create a note of apology for my sweet friend.
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

3 comments:
I am so sorry things weren't the most awesome thing as I had planned. I really had hoped we'd have a fabulous day.... maybe another day when things aren't so wierd? Did she find her earring case? I turned my house inside out trying to find it....
Sounds like a long day, oh and night. Hopefully things will go a little smoother today.
OHH, That is rough!
Post a Comment