He's dirty, he stinks and he's PROUD of it!!! I can't take the dirty footprints or stench any more! Ian got stitches a couple of days ago - 4 days now? Anyway he and Jeff were playing in our room while they were watching cartoons and Ian fell off of the bed and hit his head on the corner of the nightstand. At first we thought he was crying because it just hurt really bad and that he'd have a pretty good goose egg for awhile and then we saw the blood. Did you know that head wounds bleed A LOT? They do. He soaked through 2 washcloths before we could get it to slow down enough to put a temporary Spiderman bandaid on it to keep him until they got to the clinic for stitches. The doctor gave Ian a couple of rules for taking care of his stitches, one of them being that he can't get them wet - not even a bath. YUCK. Well, Thursday night we went to New Plymouth to have a pre-4th of July celebration with Jeff's folks because his dad can't stay up late on the actual holiday. It was pretty hot and we all were a little wet before too long which attracted the mosquitos. Bug spray was applied and we all settled in to watch the fireworks. Then last night our little neighborhood got together for a BBQ and fireworks and it was hot again. More sweat and more mosquito spray. You see - he IS dirty and he stinks. It's lucky for you that you can't smell him through the computer because it's bad. Maybe I can rig something up with a plastic bag and duct tape to cover the stitches long enough to scrub him down.
P.S. This is the cake I made for the celebration. It's the first time I've made fondant and I think it turned out okay. (Note to self: add the food coloring BEFORE the dough is formed or wear gloves to avoid staining hands...good to know)
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

4 comments:
What a beautiful job you did on that cake sweetheart. I hope that Ian is doing better and that he smells sweeter than roses.
Hugs Aunt Simona
The cake is awesome!! I love it! But decorating cakes facinate me. And good job with Ian. I hope he's feeling better.
Your cake looks crazy AMAZING!
Stitches stink, we have had several episodes. I love the cake!!
Post a Comment