Wednesday, July 16, 2008

3 Year Old Haircut

We had popcicles today. Otter-pops, actually. For those of you who don't know, Otter-Pops are just frozen sugar in a tube of plastic and you have to cut the top off to suck them down. I cut the tops off and gave the popcicles to the kids and they gobbled them up. I then had a neighbor come over and we sat downstairs chatting for awhile - the kids were upstairs the whole time. The next thing I knew, Ian came running downstairs with a pair of scissors and told me that he'd taken them from Abbey. Whew, I thought, I dodged that bullet! Then I saw Abbey.
This is the right side...



This is the left...



This is "The Other Amy" taking pity on us and cutting it into something manageable...



This is her new haircut. What do you think?

5 comments:

Hiller Family said...

I love it, but she looks so big now. I always get emotional when something so minor makes them look so grown up. I am truly a big BABY!

Linda Gibbs said...

UHH OHH! I remember that feeling. Coming in from outside and it looked like a wild west scalping had gone on. Nope! Just Grace deciding to cut one of Megan's ponies. Well just half of the pony. Yep! Just half was still hanging long, and the other stuck staight out. I remember I kept my cool, because the damage was done, but I was more panicked than anything. And then I didn't see the scissors. I asked Grace, and she said, "I was good and put them back away." I then took her to a friend and she got a short "Dora" haircut.

Amy Bahnmiller said...

I like it - It's pretty cute actually! :) Who's the hairdresser? lol

:)

Anonymous said...

Okay...my one BIG nightmare is that my daughter will take scissors to her hair and we will have to give her a Senead O Connor look...

Your daughter however is ADORABLE and the hair dresser did a great job of making her hair match her face soooo CUTE!

I was reading this post and thought to myself...I am SO like that...chatting away with my friends while my kids run amuck with wreckless abandon...I LOVE IT! :)

Unknown said...

She looks adorable!! Kudos to Amy Prather!