Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Going to the Dr.'s office (again)

Going to the doctor's office with kids is a complete adventure that one should undertake only if they are ready to take the abuse. After Allen left this morning we had lunch and then left to go back to the clinic so that Ian's stitches could be removed. When I first told him that today was the day for the removal he was excited. He danced around the room and talked about how he'd get stickers if he could be good and that he wouldn't have to wear a bandaid in his hair anymore! Woo-hoo! We were happy to go and couldn't wait to get into the car! When we got there Ian and Abbey skipped to the play area (I swear a mother came up with that idea) while I checked Ian in. I was told by the tall blonde lady with the glasses and purple nails who sat behind the desk that I was next and that the wait wouldn't be long. We were finally called back 45 minutes later. While we had waited the kids had gotten bored with the 2 toys that were there and had found the bathrooms/drinking fountain/magazine rack/TV/numerous chairs, etc. My hair was pulled neatly back into a braid when we got there and was starting to fall out as we entered the examination room. (I'll bet that the others in the waiting room blew out a sigh of relief when they saw us stand up to leave.) Lucky us! We found that there were TWO twisty stools in the room they put us in! Yippee - the kids sat on them and pretended they were doctors. Ian even asked Abbey if she needed to have any stitches removed. (We were still excited to have them taken out) 20 minutes later there was a little knock on the door and Ian ran and hid behind the examination table. He started screaming before we even had him ON the table. I had to hold him down while the doctor explained what he was going to do because he was thrashing about. The doctor brought out the scissors and Ian screamed that they had touched him!!! Arghhh! I have to hand it to that doctor, he was pretty good. He had all three of the stitches clipped and pulled out before Ian could finish screaming his last sentence. He showed them to him and Ian started to giggle. "That's all? That didn't hurt one little bit!" We left the room and he immediately started asking about stickers. As he was skipping we could see people in the waiting room whispering and pointing at him. I guess he screamed a little bit louder than I thought. I had assumed that my ears were the only ones ringing from all of the hollering.
P.S. Tonight is BATH NIGHT!!! Bwah-ha ha ha!!! Scrub it up!

3 comments:

Holly said...

yay for bathtime! Hey, I was going to tell you that about the same time Ian cut his head open, Isaac did too. We were in the dressing room to Macy's and he fell and hit the corner of the bench. Blood and all that everywhere. Anyway, the other day I got a gift card for $50 from Macy's just to try to get us back in the store. Score!

Amy Bahnmiller said...

Score on the Macy's Holly! WHOO! I hope your day goes good today, err, by the time you get home, night... I'm EXHAUSTED!

Hiller Family said...

I'm glad Ian survived. When Carsten got stitches, Darrin was the one who almost pasted out. Men can be such babies:)...