Wednesday, May 21, 2008

You call that a SOLUTION?!?!

*sigh* I talked to Emma's teacher yesterday. She told me that she couldn't believe that Fantasy could EVER act the way Emma was describing. "She's just the sweetest little girl!" She said that she did talk to her after school and found out that Fantasy was the instigater but that Emma was calling names too. I told her that I understood that names will be slung back and forth like mud but it's quite a different story when one threatens to beat up the other. I told her that I didn't appreciate that there was bullying going on without any action taken by the authorities at the school. The teacher's solution was to have Emma sit next to Fantasy in class to see if they can learn how to talk to each other and maybe even become friends! What??? I asked her if she thought that it would create even more problems or opportunities for this litle girl to torment Emma. Apparently not. Today was a field trip so I won't know anything until tomorrow. (Unless punches were thrown on the school bus.) Yeesh.

1 comment:

Linda Gibbs said...

HMMM...Not too sure what to think about the "solution" the teacher has. Maybe they will end up friends. But it does create a heck of an avantage to the other girl. Fantasy? Parents on something or just former Disneyland employees?! I agree. YEESH!