Abbey on the "Baby Network"
Ian on the "Indiana Jones Network"
Emma on the "Princess Channel"
Yesterday was quite a day for us. We woke up to the kids rummaging for food like a pack of hungry wolves. I have to say, I'm awfully happy that Emma has learned how to get herself, as well as anyone else who might need sugar disguised as nutrition, somthing to eat in the morning so that Jeff and I can sleep in once in awhile. Anyway, the phone started to ring so I answered it as I was cursing whoever was nervy enough to call at 7:30 in the morning under my breath. It turned out, however, that I hung up so happy that I actually jumped out of bed and did a little dance! Can you guess who it might have been? It was the air conditioning man saying that, instead of Monday, they'd be able to come out within an hour or so to fix the sauna that was the upstairs of my home. YES!!! I was so excited that I even told the guy that I'd bake him cookies. I went into the kitchen, put my apron on and started to gather ingredients for chocolate brownie cookies. (yum) About an hour later the doorbell rang and I skipped to answer it. So great was my jubilation that I threw the door open and said, "My hero has arrived!!!" The guy gave me a funny look and then smiled and asked where the the culprit was. I showed him the broken down A/C unit was and then went back into the house. I passed a mirror in the hallway and froze in my tracks. Suddenly I realized WHY the fix-it guy looked at me so strangely. I still had my pajamas on - red pj pants with white snowflakes on them, an orange shirt and my apron that is stained with spaghetti sauce from about 6 months ago that I never got out - on top of my outfit, I also realized that my hair was still in a bun on top of my head from when I went to bed the night before. Some of the hair had fallen out of the bun and was sticking out in all directions. No wonder the guy gave me a funny look! Oh well, the house is cool again and I'll probably never run into the guy in the future.
Next we told the kids that the house needed to be cleaned and so assigned chores. I was cleaning the kitchen and got the broom out to start sweeping when I noticed a little trail of black crumbs...and they were MOVING! I screamed for Jeff and he came in to see what all of the hull-a-balloo was about. We got rid of the ants soon enough and were on to the next task.
I took Emma to get her ears pierced as part of her 8th birthday present. She didn't even cry! I was so proud!
There was a lot more to our day than all of this, but my favorite part was when we were done reading scriptures and just getting ready to put kids down to bed. Emma started whispering to the kids and they all ran off into her room to get something. They came out and told Jeff & I that they had a present for us! They whipped out a styrofoam square that they had colored on and made into a little TV. Next they all took turns pretending they were hosting their own TV station while Jeff & I used a pretend remote to change the channels, turn the volume up or down, etc. Silly kids.
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

2 comments:
That is so cute what the kids did. The show and decorating the squares is very creative.
I am surprised that your AC was broken, it wasn't even that old. Well it is nice that you were able to get it repaired.
Everyday I have a little contest with myself, How Much Can I Get Done Before I Get In The Shower.
I never win and I am the only player. I always run out of time. My New Year's Resolution is to always get in the shower the second I get up, I'd have better luck tyring to lose weight!
Post a Comment