
So today it got to be about 80 degrees or so. (Probably a little hotter because I didn't check it until about 7pm.) Anyway, around 2:00 Jeff decided that he'd had enough and started closing the windows so that he could turn on the blessed air conditioning. He hit the switch for the downstairs unit and listened for the wonderful hum that told us it was happily working and then went upstairs to repeat the process. As he was checking the vents upstairs he noticed that hot air was blowing out of them. Uuuhhhhh.... Wait a minute. HOT air??? So I called the handy man guy that the builder uses for warranty work and he told me that I'd have to call the lady in the warranty department so she could write up a work order. I called her and she said that I'd have to submit a request via their website email. Huh? That sucks. I told her that it would be just as easy for her to PRETEND I'd sent the request and to just fill it out for me. It was a no go. Some people juse HAVE to follow the rules. I sent my request and am now waiting for a response. I've decided that I'm going to be a pain in the proverbial rear end until I hear from them. It's supposed to be in the 90's on Saturday and I'll be darned if I have to live in it! My poor kids have to suffer through it tonight (our bedroom is on the main floor with the WORKING a/c unit - WOO HOO!!!) but I'll make sure they have cool air tomorrow night or my name isn't Super Mom!!! (can you hear the corny theme music playing yet?)
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

3 comments:
Not only can I hear the music but I can see the rockin red cape! I don't like trying to get warranty stuff it is truly a pain in the neck..
ahhh yes, the heat... we're running the AC right now too... *gag* just when I thought high electricity bills were over....
You go, SuperMama!!!!
Post a Comment