Sunday, May 11, 2008

A really good day

Mother's day is a day when we can recognize our mothers and other wonderful women that have influenced us and whom we love a great deal. My family has been pretty great today, the kids colored cards and Jeff gave me Anne of Green Gables as a gift. But I think that the most wonderful gift on this Mother's Day was not intended for me. Emma's birthday was yesterday (she turned 8) and so she got several gifts and cards in the mail. I didn't check the mail yesterday until the children were already in bed and there were 3 cards waiting there. She opened them this morning. One was from Great Grandma Wixom, one from Great Grandma & Grandpa Mickelsen and one from Great Aunt Simona and Great Uncle Jack. She opened the last one and, SURPRISE!, there was a piece of paper with 2 photos that had been photocopied onto it. One was of my Grandmother and one of my Aunt Simona taken in 1949 on the day of their baptisms. What a wonderful and thoughtful gift! I don't think that Emma quite understands the significance of these pictures. I cried...Thank you Aunt Simona for being so thoughtful. I love you dearly and want everyone to know what an important part of my life you are.

No comments: