Thursday, May 22, 2008

Shower?


This morning I actually thought it would happen BEFORE lunchtime. The kids had gone potty, eaten breakfast and were upstairs watching The Backyardigans. I quietly went downstairs and thought that maybe I'd rinse some of the breakfast dishes off first. Then I went into my room and saw the basket of folded laundry and decided that I needed to put them away so that I could put the basket into the bathroom to wait for the next round of dirty clothes. I glanced at the clock and saw that it was 10 minutes before 9:00. Do I have time, I wondered? Sure! 10 minutes is plenty of time to get in and out of the shower. I quickly got in and started to wash. I decided to forgo shaving my legs today - Jeff' not coming home until tomorrow night. (But I did rinse out all of the shampoo this time.) I turned off the water and listened intently as water was dripping from my hair and sliding down my back. No noise. Could be a good sign... or it could be that the kids have done something so bad that they're sitting in the fetal position behind the couch waiting for Mommy to find them. I quickly dried off and got dressed. Phew, nothing too crazy today. All of the pillows were taken off of the couch and made into a fort. I can handle that.

2 comments:

Hiller Family said...

I love when you can start the day off right.. I'm happy that your kiddos were angels long enough to let it happen.. That doesn't happen to often at our house.

Amy Bahnmiller said...

I think I wrote a blog on showering before too... isn't it sad that we have to worry about something as silly as personal hygiene when we leave our kids alone?