Yes, my feet are green. No, I didn't call the Grinch to get any hints or helpful advice. "Mother" has a lot of things she's asked/required/expected to do. She cooks, cleans, does laundry, makes beds, helps with homework, etc. Today I have added the title of Landscape Architect. This weekend has been busy. We had a lot going on, and with Jeff being in Florida this week, the lawn didn't get mowed. It's hard to believe that we only put the sod in 5 weeks ago. It's rained a lot over the last couple of weeks and so the back yard has turned into a complete jungle. I think that we have even had Smurfs move in! All of a sudden we have little communities of mushrooms popping up all over the place! So, I filled the lawnmower with gas, gave the kids a popcicle to entertain them and put my flip-flops on. I started with the front yard of the dead-beat neighbors. You know the ones. They moved into their home less than a year ago, bought brand new furniture to fill it up and then 2 new cars to park in the garage. Then, surprise surprise, they can't afford to live in their home anymore. Instead of selling their cars or finding other options, they decided to load everything up into a moving van, lock the doors to the house and leave. I can understand that the economy is crappy right now and I have genuine sympathy for those who are struggling. I just hate it when people get in WAY over their heads and then bail. Okay, I'm done with my soapbox.
So I mowed the neighbor's front lawn so that the rest of the neighborhood doesn't start looking bad by simple association. Then I moved on to my own backyard. It was THICK!!! The lawn mower tried it's hardest to cut through the tall grass. (Personally, I think it would have been better if I'd just used a machette.)We have a large backyard, 6000 sqare feet, in fact. I found myself wondering if grass is really worth it and wishing that we'd just stayed with the dirt. Around and around I went emptying the stupid grass bag at every other pass and hoping that the rain would hold off for 20 more minutes. I think I might actually have to go back over it again, though, because the lawn mower kept pooping out grass that had missed the bag. I kept walking through the pooped out grass and ended up making my feet turn a wonderful shade of green. So, I came in, rinsed my feet of and told the kids to put their shoes on. It was getting late and dinner was nowhere near even being thought about. So we went for a drive and had the gourmet chefs at Carl's Junior prepare a wonderful meal. Sorry Jeff - it was COMPLETELY unavoidable tonight...
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

3 comments:
GREEN FEET ROCK! you're truly a saint for mowing the neighbors... :)
I admire your energy, especially when Jeff is out of town! And I love the green feet I'm sure your starting quite the trend!
Love the piggies! I am waiting for my bro-in-law to help me load the riding lawnmower on the trailer to take and get the blades off and changed. So I will have quite the forest when I CAN get to it.
Post a Comment