Friday, May 2, 2008

A hairdresser in the making!




Emma is pretty creative. She likes to draw, write stories and even do hair. Today she decided that she was going to practice on her siblings. Usually she just restricts herself to creatively adding snarls and rats to Abbey's hair. It started tonight when I had a friend come over to the house for a quick visit. I have yet to figure out the phenomena of the freak out that happens whenever company comes over. The kids can be playing nicely for an hour or more right before someone comes to the door or the phone rings. I think that the knock on the door or ring of the telephone sets off some crazy switch in their brains that makes any sense of peace and quite go out the window. Immediately an emergency arises that requires my immediate attention. NOTHING can wait for 10 minutes and the evil devil that lives in all of them rears it's ugly head. Tonight Emma decided that she actually wanted to practice her piano (without pulling any teeth or threatening to ground her for the next year)right when my friend came over. Ian and Abbey both wanted to play with the same toy and started a wrestling match that would rival anything that the WWF could ever put on. Anyway, Emma decided that she'd take the kids into my room and while they watched cartoons she did their hair. Ian came out into the living room with ribbons and bows and hair clips in his hair. I guess it's time for another haircut. Then she moved on to Abbey's hair. Still kind of funny looking, but more acceptable. What kills me is that he sat still and LET her do his hair!! He needs to hang out with boys more often.

4 comments:

Hiller Family said...

I loved dressing up my brothers, don't worry they turned out plenty boyish. My children visit the dark side when we have any kind of company also. To bad we can't lock them in cages... HAHAHA

Sherri Harward said...

Man, I know how you feel too. The kids always go for the door whenever anyone comes over and they try runing for it. It is imbarressing trying to run down the road after them.

Cameron and lilly are also getting more into straight out wrestling matches. I don't know what to do to keep them from doing that. It worries me when it happens.

Those are cute pictures though. Its fun to take advantage of those times when the kids get into things and it not a disaster where you can take the time to snap a picture and remember it forever.

Wonders said...

That's awesome. I especially love Ian's picture. Cute cute kids.

Crystal said...

Ian really, really needs a good manly -man role model. Apparently Jeff is out of town too much. :) Perhaps he should spend the summer at our house. We'll wipe all that "girl" right out of him in no time!