When you're afraid of something, I mean REALLY afraid, you shouldn't do things that will allow that fear to rear it's ugly head. I should know this. (At least I do NOW.) When I was a kid I used to run as fast as I could down the hallway in our home because I KNEW that if I could run fast enough and the lights were all on the boogey man couldn't catch me. Wednesday I was relaxing while the kids were in their rooms for quiet time. I flipped on the TV and stopped on the discovery channel. They were showing something called "A Haunting." They did it documentary-style. It was about a woman who was seeing ghosts in her home. The ONLY scene I saw was where this ghost of a little boy was in the woman's bedroom while she was trying to sleep. He was pulling the blankets off of the bed and then she felt something painful on her lower leg. She looked and saw bite marks!!! You know, I used to really love scary movies. Until I was pregnant and saw "The Sixth Sense." Our house was cold at night and I had to use the restroom A LOT!!! Anyway, I went downstairs last night, turning lights on as I went, and got ready for bed. I jumped into bed as fast as I could and quickly turned off the lamp next to my bed. When I go to bed I have to have ALL of the lights off so that I don't see any shadows and I usually turn on a little fan so that I have some background noise and then I don't hear the house creaking or settling. The fan makes things move. All of a sudden I felt the sheets move. Then I felt something brush across my face! I found myself saying a little prayer and then singing primary songs in my head to distract myself from thinking about a little ghostly boy trying to pull my covers off. No more documentaries for me!
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

5 comments:
Oh my word, I guess we won't watch Ghost Hunters together, now will we?
Thanks for the backyard offer. Jason's bent on our home under construction and they're no way setting him straight on living in Coulter Bay, at least, not in this lifetime... *sigh*
At least it's not *that* far to come visit.
Okay so I'm totally with you, scary movies are no good! When Darrin use to go out of town alot I had every light, and t.v. on all the time. I couldn't handle anything because I would freak myself out so bad! So from now on do what I do and watch the disney channel before bed when your husband gone.
What is this world coming to these days? Not even documentaries are safe!
Sorry! I love that stuff. Ghost Hunters is a favorite of mine. I really don't get too freaked out, even alone. Actually it's Steve who doesn't like that stuff. Ever see a 6'4" BIG guy get spooked?
Okay I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight just from reading your post. I am the biggest baby when it comes to ghosts. I hate to even say the word! I think you are so brave for being alone at night so much. And without a dog too!
Post a Comment