Wednesday, May 7, 2008

This is why I HATE laundry day!


Yep. This is ALL from today! And it's not all there; I still have a load in the dryer and one in the washing machine. I do it to myself at least once a month. Laundry is one of my most despised chores. I hate it even more than scrubbing toilets. So I put it off and put it off until I run out of underwear and then I HAVE to do laundry. Add to that the fact that I left a load in the dryer from the last laundry day and we're batting 1000. My favorite tee shirt is so wrinkled that I don't even think that one of those big rolling things that they use to flatten the roads would get the wrinkles out. Did I mention that ironing clothes is right up there with washing them for me? Maybe I can just let the shirt hang in the closet for a REALLY LONG TIME and then it will become presentable again.
On a happier note; I got a phone call from my friend Darcy the other day. She was just calling to check on me and to see how I'm doing. I called her back today and we caught up on each other's lives. I love that girl! She and I were roommates when I was about 20 or 21 years old. She was my favorite roommate because she's so wonderful. I've never met anyone who was without any guile. She's the real thing - she loves you because of you. She wants to be your friend even when you've been in your pajamas all day and haven't showered or brushed your teeth yet. She'd even give you a hug on those days because she knew you needed one. Friends like that don't come around very often and I'm glad to have her as a part of my life. We don't get to talk to each other very often, maybe once every 8 or 9 months, but it's easy to talk to her. I love her to pieces and wish we lived closer together so that we could see each other more often. Maybe one day.

No comments: