Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Fun at Grandma & Grandpa's house!


We went to visit Jeff's folks today with Carolyn & Savannah. They had asked us to come and help plant their garden for this year and we agreed to come and let them put us to work. I love this picture! The "hats" that Jeff's parents are wearing are actually tomato plant tents. We stuck them on their heads and made them pose for us. I'm glad they were game.
We started our afternoon by getting the garden beds tilled under and adding some weird fertilizer concoction that one of Mindy's (Jeff's sister) neighbors came up with. Then we planted some tomatoes, peas, carrots, lettuce, zucchini and green beans. Grandma and Grandpa just got a new teeter totter that looks like an airplane and seats 7 kids so we were okay as far as having a distraction for the kids. There were some disagreements about who would be allowed to steer the plane and how long so and so's turn was compared to the next person's, but they had a good time on it. They also jumped on the trampoline and played in the huge box that the teeter totter came in. They LOVE that thing! They think that it's just great to get inside of the box and then put the lid on and hide. I told Jeff's mom that she can't get rid of the dumb thing until the snow starts to fall this winter. It was also a red letter day for us in that the kids actually ate all of their dinner WITHOUT ANY COMPLAINING!!!! Will wonders never cease? I have to admit that I'm amazed.

2 comments:

Hiller Family said...

Doesn't the simple little things make your day even better, like your kids eating their dinner. I always marvel at the little accomplishments because it seems to make the day better. I'm jealous of your hard work and the yummy veggies that will be coming.

Linda Gibbs said...

I LOVE the picture of Dave and Debby! So priceless! They are such wonderful people. I love them too. You and I are very luck to have great in laws.