Friday, May 16, 2008

Ian, Abbey & A Garden Hose...

FUNNY STORY:
After lunch, in our home, I generally make the kids go to their rooms for quiet time. I've given up on making them take naps - it doesn't work - but I still need the quiet time for myself. The kids are very aware of the schedule and know that the minute that last bite of mac & cheese hits their lips they're off to their rooms. Today Ian finished his lunch and said he wanted to play in the backyard until Abbey was done with hers. Jeff and I were talking when Abbey was done and so she took the opportunity to join her brother for a few minutes of freedom before being sent to her room. Jeff and I went outside to get them and found that they'd turned on the garden hose. Ian says, "Dad! Look what happens when Abbey puts the hose in her mouth!" She put her lips around the end of the hose and Ian turned it on full blast. Water came out of her nose and probably would have continued and came out of her ears if she hadn't quickly taken it out of her mouth! She was laughing, Ian was laughing, Jeff was laughing and I was running to the bathroom so that I wouldn't pee my pants.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have loved to see that one!

Amy Bahnmiller said...

Amy - you totally need to see this... It will make you wet yourself... I love love love it when I am sad. It's horrible, but funny. Richard Simmons is a friend of mine - shhhh... really he is, but this is just too good not to share and give you a belly ache laughing.
Love Ya
The Other Amy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTxkxG3DF4k - for a laugh