Everyone has that grocery store in their town that has lower cost items than some of the others in the area. This, of course, makes them more busy and usually crowded. Still, we go there because we want to save a couple of bucks. Our local "low cost leader" is WINCO. It's a good place to go to because they have bulk foods. That's their ONLY redeeming quality, in my opinion. You can go to the bulk section, lift the lid on the barrel you select and put a pound of chocolate chips into your little plastic sack or, if you want, you can just pay for one little chip. It's quite liberating, actually. The problem, however, is getting to the bulk section of the store. First you have to get in the door with your shopping cart. If you choose to go during the week and before the five o'clock rush then you're shopping with the geriatric crowd. You spend your time dodging walkers and the occasional cane. No biggie. I can shuffle behind Myrtle down the cracker isle if I need to. It's when Myrtle and Henry meet up in the middle of the isle, going opposite directions, and then decide to reminisce about last weeks BINGO game that gets my panties in a bunch.
If you decide that you want to shop on the weekend or in the evening the crowds are so huge that it's literally like driving in the stop-and-go traffic you'd find during rush hour on a Friday night. You have to add an additional hour to your shopping time because of the frequency in stopping to wait for Mrs. Gonzales or Mr. Martinez who is in front of you!
So, do I just go to Wal-Mart {{shudder}} and buy way more than I need and spend way more than I want to so that I don't have to deal with the inconveniences? Or do I just deal and get what I want?
What about you? Do you have a WINCO-type store in your area? Do you shop there or do you just resign yourself to spending more so that you can shop in peace?
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

4 comments:
we don't have a discount store in our area and its terrible. I have been to Winco once and I liked it, but it was at lunchtime on a Wednesday so maybe Myrtle had gone home for her nap, I dunno.
Our Winco is usually much less crowded than our wal-marts are. I just hate going to the grocery store at this point, and will go to Sam's club, Cost-co, Wal-mart, Winco and Cash & Carry, depending on what I need. But again, I really hate grocery shopping. Period.
I LOVE Winco!!Just don't go on Saturdays and from 4-6 on weekdays. For me, tis the money. I am a botton line kind of girl and just "deal"! Of course, then I may have road rage after being so patient in the store, because someone in front may not be even going to speed limit!
I love Winco at six in the morning. I hate Winco at ANY other time. Especially Saturdays. GRRRRRRRR. BUT if you get ambitious enough to drag yourself out of bed and get there by six, the store is empty!! All the fresh produce has just been put out, the meat freshly cut, and no kids in or out of the cart to distract, annoy or beg. There are a few palettes lying around but all the people working there leap out of your way and you never have to wait in line. !Plus! Going there in the morning before I'm fully awake completely prevents impulse shopping for me. I love it. Try it.
Post a Comment