There are many advantages to having a husband who travels so much for work. For instance, you get to watch what you want to on the tube. If I feel a need to watch some trashy show, like the Bachelor or something just as seedy, I can. Without the snide little remarks coming from the peanut gallery. You also get to cook whatever you feel like. I can make mac & cheese for dinner or frozen corn dogs and it's no biggie. Perhaps the best part is doing the "man chores" like taking out the garbage. This morning I got up early and checked the school's website to see if school was cancelled today (it snowed an inch or two and Idahoans don't like driving in the snow, FYI). It wasn't. So I woke kids up and threatened them with their lives if they didn't get ready on their own for once so that I could do my "manly" chore. I shoved my feet into my boots and put my red winter coat on. As a side note, you know you're comfortable with your neighbors when you're willing to go outside, in the snow wearing your blue summer capri pajama pants, an orange T-shirt, black, unzipped snow boots and a red winter coat. All I can say is, I looked HOT!
So... I trudge out to the garage and grab the snow shovel. I don't get to do the man chore of shoveling snow very often. Mostly because my back protests really loudly when I do, but also because my husband is pretty stinkin' awesome and does it for me. My goal was to be able to drive out of the garage and not leave cemented on tire tracks in the snow, because those are IMPOSSIBLE to get off. I got the job done in 10 minutes! I was pretty proud of myself. This is how it turned out.
Okay, so I know it's not the best shovel job that's ever been done, but I had to get the kids to the bus stop. I took them down and dropped them off and then kicked my boots off so that I could crawl back into my super warm, super soft bed. Ahhh...it felt so nice! Until the doorbell rang. I jumped out of bed, still in all of my awesome pajama glory, and answered the door. It was the kids. The bus hadn't come - it was 15 minutes late and they decided that I needed to give them a ride to school. {{sigh}} The boots and coat went back on and we all piled in the van just in time for my neighbor to come out and offer to take them for me instead. Don't I have an awesome neighbor? Yeah, I think so too.
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

4 comments:
You guys get snow days? It snowed almost two feet here in one day and they didn't close the schools. What's up with that??
Awesome shoveling job and very cool neighbor!
Yeah, where in Idaho do you live? Our schools haven't been closed not even once this year for snow. And it's snowed quite a bit.
You know, I've never shoveled a walk or drive. I figure it will melt soon enough and it does. But I've heard it is a fantastic work out. :)
You rock! Believe it or not, when you move to Arizona you miss things like shoveling. That wonderful scraping noise, the running nose. Next time it snows, you call me! I'll come shovel for you.
aaaaahhhh nice neighbor!!!
I HATE shoveling snow...sorry you have to do that...sucks, but burns calories...guess you can think on that side of things!
Post a Comment