Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Sorry, Jeff...

My sweetheart travels A LOT for work. Seriously, he sleeps in a hotel more nights than he sleeps here. It's super hard and it super sucks but I also realise that it's part of his job. We're so thankful that he's GOT a job right now. So many people out there are struggling financially and, thankfully, we're not. The problem is that when he's home, I'm extremely selfish about his time. I want him to turn the computer and cell phone off and spend all of his time with me and the kids. Forget church and other responsibilities! He's mine, all mine!
Ahem. Sorry.
Anyway, he was able to be home yesterday and then left this morning for another trip. I understand that he still needs to work during the week, but I figure that once five o'clock rolls around he should be done. Not so. He kept getting phone call after phone call and was talking to someone in Korea at eleven last night. I was a little ticked, to say the least. He finally got off of the phone and then started packing for his trip. I will admit, I threw a tantrum. I didn't kick or scream, what I did was worse. I was quiet. I sullenly got my pajamas on and brushed my teeth and then crawled into bed. He finished packing and then asked what was wrong. Poor guy. He's been working all day, trying to put out fires that other people started and then he finally is able to relax and I'm a jerk. I suck. I'm sorry, sweetheart. I'm going to try harder to make it easier for you. Just be patient, please.
p.s. Is it okay if I come out of time-out now? (My nose is sore from putting it on the wall for so long.)

6 comments:

Heatherlyn said...

It's hard when the hubby travels. I think I would have done the same thing. Does that make me bad? I think you can come out of time out now!

We live in Star, Idaho.

AW Cake! said...

Hey! We ARE neighbors! I'm in Nampa...so fun. :)

springrose said...

Hey your both red heads, he should know the temper tantrums come with the teritory! Although he seems like it would take a lot to get a good tantrum out of him!! And yes my daughter you may come out of time out now, only if you promise to controll your temper! You and Anne in Green Gables you must be kindred spirits, I like to think I am to!!:0)

Just SO said...

That would be hard not to be upset about stuff like that. I'm thankful for my husband's "nine to five" job although even with that job I have to vie for time with him away from the computer.

Hiller Family said...

I can really relate to this well known heartache! Darrin doesn't leave town, but has to split his time between granite and hiller plumbing and most of the time I am throwing my own fit. His time is pulled pretty thin. Lucky for us we have two very understanding husbands, good luck.

Linda Gibbs said...

As the wife of a truck driver...you HAVE to throw a tantrum sometimes. Not often, but sometimes you feel like you'll explode if you don't. You are so normal, and believe me! I UNDERSTAND!!! And I love you!