Saturday, February 14, 2009

Our Romantical Valentine's Day

Our Valentine's Day was better than most of yours, I'll bet. We started out the day by kicking Jeff and all of the monkeys out the front door. Why? For this...


Because we turned it into this.

Yep, lots of chocolate dipping...again. This time we made sure to dip strawberries. Lots of cute ladies showed up to help out so that they could take some sweets home to their sweeties.
After everyone left and the animals returned to their cages, we turned our living room into this.

We decided that we'd turn our home into a restaurant to help pay for our trip to Europe next month. We named it Chez Wixom. We only had two customers, though. They showed up for their six o'clock reservation and we gave them the star treatment. They were given a warm mini loaf of fresh bread to nibble on with their mozzarella pockets. Next, they were served a salad and then entertained by Abbey. She decided that she wanted to share her Valentine candy with our guests. Ian also made sure that they were doing okay by checking with them every 2 minutes.
The main course was Frankie steak with a baked potato and some steamed veggies. We made sure to have a lovely fireplace going with some romantic-type music playing softly. Soon I saw that the kids were peeking around the corner at our guests and giggling at them because they had decided to dance to the music. We finally ended with dessert of chocolate dipped strawberries, fresh raspberries and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
All in all I think that our guests were pleased with their meals. They even tipped their three servers (monkeys dressed in their best Sunday clothes). Each monkey walked away with 2 quarters and their very own box of sweetheart candies.
When it was time to leave, Jeff's parents shared the following letter that Emma had written for them.

Dear Gma, Gmpa, (Wixom)
Tonight, I know that you two are going to have a very fun Valentines Day at our house, and are going to have a very romantick dinner date with each other. (And you know what I’m taking about, egh?)
Love,
Emma, Ian, Abbey, Amy and Jeff

P.S. We love you so mutch!!

Hmmm...I wonder what she thinks Valentine's Day is all about???

2 comments:

Alanya/Ally said...

That letter is so sweet. I'm glad you had a great day... but I think my day was better, well, at least just as good. ;)

Heatherlyn said...

Sweet! Thanks for sharing your Valentine's day!