Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Sticky Mess


Today Abbey has come downstairs at least 3 times (that I can remember) with ink all over her hands, face or feet. Every time I ask her where the pen is that got her covered in ink she tells me that she doesn't know. Well, I found it. It was on Abbey's floor. She threw it there tonight when Ian tattled that she'd covered herself in ink again.


Me: Abbey, why did you do this AGAIN??
Abbey: I didn't!
Me: Well, if you didn't do it then who did?
Abbey: The painting guy.
Me: The painting guy?
Abbey: Yes. He did it to me. **start sobbing**
Me: Where is the painting guy now?
Abbey: **sobbing through hand covered face** He's in his secret lair!
Me: **trying not to laugh** Well, at least he's gone now and I have the pen. He won't get you again, okay?
Abbey: **quite relieved** Okay!
Me: Go to sleep now.
Abbey: Okay, mommy. Good ni-ight!!

Then she happily went to bed. Wow. I think I've let her watch one too many Backyardigans episodes.

4 comments:

Heatherlyn said...

Very creative child!

springrose said...

Did you take the pen apart? It looks like the middle part only much bigger! Since you decided to do the bunny hair on poor Emma I will do a post on how to do it for short hair. It is a little different so they don't end up with an afro. Although if she hadn't combed it it probably would have been nice and curly, not frizzy! If you want pictures I will have to post on Saturday instead. Did you see all my treasures from our hunt?

Outnumbered2to1 said...

His "secret liar". To flippin' hilarious. I love listening to the kids talk. Do you keep a book with their funny sayings? I do and they love to go back and reread what they said. It's fun.

Just SO said...

"He's in his secret lair!" I love it! How could you get mad after that comment?