Usually, when Jeff's in town, he wakes the kids up and they do their own thing upstairs while I'm blissfully unconscious downstairs. They run for the bus and then all is quiet again. When he's gone I'm up to bat - I thought I'd share how our morning typically goes.
7:00 my alarm goes off
7:03 I stumble to the bathroom because my bladder is the size of a hummingbird's
7:04 turn up the heat to melt the arctic ice that has accumulated during the night
7:05 wake Emma and Ian up, get Ian into the bathroom and remind him to aim
7:10 tell Emma that if she doesn't get out of bed soon I'm going to pour cold water on her
7:11 watch cartoons with Ian while he gets ready
7:13 tell Ian that, while it's cool to get that kind of an arch, we DO NOT slingshot our underwear across the room.
7:20 do Emma's hair, try to get Ian to pick up his underwear
7:25 brush teeth
7:27 try to get toothpaste out of Ian's clothing (shirt AND pants) because we don't have time for him to change.
7:30 put shoes, coat, backpacks and gloves on
7:34 make a mad dash for the car because the bus driver's gonna be there any minute, and he doesn't wait
7:37 drop kids off, confiscate Spider Man Web Slinger from Ian as the door is closing
7:40 turn the TV in my room to The Backyardigans for Abbey
7:41 hide under the covers & try to go to sleep while ignoring the funny sounds Abbey's making in the kitchen.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
8:39 wake up glad to finally feel human. Realize that Abbey's flooded the bathroom (again)
Maybe I need to re-evaluate my schedule?
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

7 comments:
You are so funny! And why is it that your morning sounds exactly like mine. You're just cute enough to put it into words.
Nah, I like the mornings like you have - though I thrive in Chaos... LOL
The more I found out about you the more I see we have in common...it's uncanny! lol!
wait, I am confused. We do NOT slingshot bunders across the house?
What kind of mother are you!? Why did you not join in the bunder-wars? I'm so dissappointed.
Was it a really big arch? Sounds like a pretty full morning. I usually fall asleep on the couch. It's nice for me because my kids are all pretty much old enough to get themselves ready and the older ones and help the youngest. It's amazing how that works.
Sounds picture perfect to me, why change a good thing?
Got the danishes today. They look delicious. I'm going to put 2 in the freezer for after SB and heat the rest up for the girls in the morning. Thanks!
Post a Comment