Friday, December 12, 2008

What's That Funny Smell?


This is truly a wonderful day. A day that deserves to be put on the calendar so that it can be celebrated year to year. This is a picture of my bathroom garbage can. It's clean - finally. You see, apparently the glasses haven't helped Ian like I thought they would. Every morning he gets up and comes into my room all bleary eyed and tired looking. He cuddles with me for a few minutes and then realizes that he needs to use the restroom and so goes into my master bathroom. I guess the first clue should have been that he never turned on the light. The second clue was when the smell started. At first I thought that it was just early in the morning and my sniffer was on overdrive. The stench resembled something that one might find in a gas station bathroom. You know the kind. You get the key attached to a hubcap from the cashier and walk around to the back of the station, by the dumpster, and unlock the door. It's cinderblock walls add a feeling of comfort and safety as the florescent lightbulb flickers on. You know you're gonna have to sit down without touching the seat because of all of the disease-free people who've used it before you. And the smell, ahhh the smell! Yep. That's a smell that your nose doesn't easily forget. And so my bathroom has started to collect that aromatic smell over the last couple of days. He's peed on the floor, the wall, the back of the toilet and even in the garbage can. I put a scarf over my nose and mouth, snapped on the rubber gloves and grabbed the bottle of clorox. I scrubbed the seat, wall, floor and the garbage can and now all I can smell is the wonderful scent of bleach. (I love that smell.) He's now banned from my bathroom unless his glasses and the light are on AND only if he's fully awake!

2 comments:

Alanya/Ally said...

That is truly aweful! I'm glad it's clean!

shanl said...

That is so funny. Reminds me of a story mike told me about his cousin. They had a little mystery at their house. Their mom discovered that someone was peeing in the garbage can each night. Each boy was questioned and no one claimed to know who it could possibly be. The mother was disappointed in their dishonesty. One night Mike's cousin woke up while he was peeing the garbage one night. He was so shocked and embarrassed to find out it was he who was the culprit!