Monday, January 19, 2009

What are THOSE???

It seems that, no matter how early we get up, we're late for church more often than not. We try to get there on time but always manage to walk in just a minute or two past 9am. Yesterday we would've been on time but we had to make sure that we found just the right hook to hang our coats on before we could enter the chapel. We talked about why this hook or that hook was better than the one three inches to the left or the right, we complained about how someone took "our" hook and how rude it was. Finally, we made it into the chapel as one of the counselors stood up to start the meeting. Usually I like to get there about 10 minutes early so that I can override the children's choice of pew if I find one that I think would be less distracting. (For the rest of the congregation, not the kids) When we're late, however, I don't get to make that choice because the kids always rush in ahead of me. Today they picked the FRONT PEW. I H.A.T.E. the front pew. It makes me feel like we're on display for all of the poor folks who've been asked to speak to us.
Anyway.
So, as we're sitting on the FRONT PEW trying to be reverent Ian leans over to me, pokes me in the boob and says,
Ian: (loudly)What are those?
Me: (whispering)They're part of my body.
Ian: (even more loudly) Yeah, but what are they called?
Me: Shhhh!!! We'll discuss this when we're NOT in church.
Ian: (giggling) They're your boo-oobies!
Me: (whispering fiercely) BE. QUIET. WE'LL. DISCUSS. THIS. WHEN. WE. GET. HOME.

Silly boy. He knows what they are. He just wanted to make sure that the whole congregation knew what they were too.

6 comments:

Just SO said...

BAHAHAHA! I hate the front row too. Mostly because you can't fall asleep there without being noticed.

AW Cake! said...

So true. I wish that the other people would be more considerate and sit in the front rows FIRST so that all of the late arrivals can sit in the back. No such luck.

Unknown said...

Perfect. Kids always pick the worst times to ask about the good stuff. Made me giggle.

Heatherlyn said...

LOL. I love it, especially that you were in the front row! Kids are FUNNY.

Actually, we struggled to be at church on time at the 9am time. So pathetic. Now that we have church at 1 this year we are doing great with our be-on-time-to-church resolution.

My kids love the front row too. But the deal is, if we sit in the front they get no books, no cars, no coloring. Nothing. They just have to sit there and be reverent. Amazingly, they do. (I'm still not crazy about the front row, personally.)

I hope that the rest of your Sunday was really good.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

I hate the front row also...YOu have to listen or worry about offending others!!! LOL!

But being consistently late as I am...I usually don't have a choice in the matter! :) You would think I would learn!

and HAHAHAHAHA about your boy...lol...that is priceless!!!

Goob said...

at least he didn't say "tits"?
LOL!