
My kids love to watch Sponge Bob. Personally, I think he's an idiot but I've recently come to realize that there are worse things the kids could want to watch. There comes a time, however, when you notice that the kids might be watching a little too much of the yellow sponge. Case in point:
We were at Jeff's parent's house on Monday because Grandma was nice enough to watch the kiddos while I went to a doctor's appointment. Grandma has gotten on a picture-hanging kick and is framing and hanging like a mad woman. She's put new pictures up in her living room and along the walls going down the staircase into the basement. Abbey could care less about the ones hanging in the living room, none of them are of her! But the ones that are going down the staircase are just at her eye level so she's pretty interested in those. As she was looking at them, she'd say excitedly, "Oh Emma! There's your friend!" or "There's __________!" (Her favorite cousin) Anyway, she was making her way down the stairs, looking at each picture, and then she came to hers. She screamed, "Jumpin' jelly fish! There's ME!!!" Thank you, Sponge Bob, for giving my daughter a non-swear word for her to use. I appreciate that.
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

5 comments:
You know, I LOVE Sponge Bob. I admit it. I read somewhere that Sponge Bob was one of the most relaxing things to watch on tv (that was in a non-kiddy magazine). I love the character development. Love it. (Yeah, I'm for real.) I love the non-swear swear words. I love the innocence of it all. I love that it has nothing to do with politics. I love that it isn't insanely stupid or overreachingly sophisticated like almost every other cartoon out there.
I did NOT like the Sponge-Bob movie. But those short cartoon episodes. They are great.
My kids have the same obsession. Seriously how cute is your kiddo coming up with that. I however do not care for the guy, I can stand an occasion episode but that's it.
I love sponge bob...I've watched it enough to appreciate it!!! That is too funny! Your daughter sounds like a little sprite! :)
The other day I threatened to beat my grandson with a wet noodle for being in the house with his shoes on... (grandma rule)
His response. "But Papa, that wouldn't hurt me."
Gotta love Sponge Bob though. Everytime the kids are here it's my excuse for idiocy.
Trent's all-time favorite saying when something goes wrong: "Barnacle Heads"!
Post a Comment