Yesterday I was getting ready for the day. I dragged my sorry, stuffed up sinus self out of bed and into the shower. While I was getting ready I noticed that there were a few hairs on my shirt, so I plucked them off. Then, as I was drying my red-ish locks I noticed some more hairs on my shirt. Hmm... Oh well. Hair is supposed to naturally fall out sometimes, right? I continued drying and was running my fingers through my hair and when my hand came out there were a billion and three hairs attached to it!!! What the HELK is that about?!?! So I turned the dryer off and started finger combing some more. More hair. Lots more. Except I noticed that it wasn't coming out at the roots, it was breaking off about an inch from my scalp. On the top of my head. Towards the F.R.O.N.T. I don't have bangs to blend this into (even if I did it'd make me look like I have a mullet). So I cried a lot. Then I screamed and had a tantrum that a two-year-old could be proud of. Then I admitted defeat and parted my hair on the other side. I called my doctor (not the quack-a-licious one) and he said that it could be one of two things. Either my thyroid is off or I need more protein in my diet. My bloodwork a couple of months ago shows no thyroid weirdness, so I guess I should eat more protein. I like Frankie quite a bit, so it shouldn't be a problem. (Bwahaha! I love that Frankie's a part of our family now!)
Ahem.
Any other ideas? New hairstyles? Hair products that will keep the little hairs from poking up? I'm open for suggestions.
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

5 comments:
see your email. I didn't want to post it here
I have no idea, girl! Good luck... but I do have a quick up beat note.
There was a lady who woke up one morning and found only 3 hairs on her head. She said to herself, "I'm going to braid my hair today." And she did. She had a great day!
The next morning she woke up with only 2 hairs on her head. She said to herself, "I think I'll part my hair today." And she did. She had a fabulous day!
The following morning she woke up with only 1 hair on her head. She said to herself, "Today I will do my hair in a ponytail." And she did. She had a fantastic day!
The next morning the woman woke up with no hair on her head and she said to herself, "Wahoo! I don't have to do my hair today!" She had a fabulous, marvelous, fantastic, great day!
It's all about attitude!
(My mom told me that story.)
You should go to the store and buy some sort of hair mask or deep conditioning with protein in it. I know the best #1 product out there is Pureology, but it's pricey (talking like $50 for a container). good luck and don't worry, we all get breakage. sally's probably has something. Warning though: don't use the protein treatment too much or else you will get too much protein in your hair and it will become brittle and break easy. maybe do it once or twice a week.
oh yeah, scarves will be good for hair styling purposes.
I would have freaked out! Freaked, I tell you. But I would have figured it was because of all the crap I've been putting my hair through. Could you go to a hair stylist and talk to her about it? My only other solution would be bandanas worn pirate style.
I wish I had a Frankie in my freezer.
Post a Comment