Thursday, January 29, 2009

This is what I did yesterday...


It's a triple layer strawberry cake with bavarian cream between the layers. Yummm... (The crown is gold, in case you couldn't tell.)Last night was the New Beginnings night for our young women. We did a Miss America-type program to introduce the YW values and I was asked to make the cake. The only problem with spending most of the day rolling out fondant and making a cake is that you spend most of that night dreaming about rolling out fondant and then you wake up with really sore arms and shoulders!

Here's a picture of the girls with their crowns and sashes on. Aren't they so cute?
Funy girls.



Earlier in the day the kids and I decide that we'd be artists with our lunch. We wanted to be like Van Gough, I suppose, because this is what we came up with for our sandwiches. I guess I had a little more time yesterday than I thought! Have you ever made funny face sandwiches?

3 comments:

Thanks to the keeper of the stars said...

I love the cake! I am jealous of your cake skills. It sounds delicious too! Not a good thing for a pregnant woman to hear about!ha.ha. I hope you don't mind that I check out your blog every once in a while. You crack me up! You are too funny. I love it. Cute monkey sandwiches too. Great idea!!

Just SO said...

Beautiful cake and girls! My oldest goes into YW this year. Not until Sept but she's going and she can't wait.

What fun sandwiches!

Unknown said...

Well, aren't you just a talented little baker. Beautiful cake.