Thursday, January 15, 2009

Our First Ever Give Away!

UPDATE: We have a winner (or two or three or four...) But only because I can't make a decision to save my life! The winners are.... (drumroll please) Just so because she commented first, Mama Belle because she's been popping in and out for awhile, Springrose Journals because she had the correct guess (and she lives a block away) and Shan'l because she also lives close but had a pretty creative answer. Sorry Sam and Alicia - I'll bring you some in PERSON next time I'm in your neck of the woods.
Just so and Mama, I'll be mailing yours out today as soon as you send me your address. Email them to wixomzoo@live.com and I'll tuck the sweet little Danishes safely away for you. If you want the recipe, let me know and I'll email it to you as well. Here's the finished product, by the way.



Woo-hoo! Free stuff! Why the give away? Just because I felt like it... those are the most fun. Okay, so if you can guess what I'm making, I'll send you a couple.*


*Hint:
I make these every year...my grandpa LOVES them...it's my Great Grandma's recipe...you use a LOT of butter...


P.S. No cheating, Colorado Uncle Jerry. Or Sam. Or Madre. Okay, you can cheat if you want to. :)

P.P.S
UPDATE: Okay, so as I was discussing the contest with myself and it was pointed out to me that most of you, if not all, probably have never even heard of these yummy treats! It's such a tragedy that I decided that I will randomly choose one person who leaves me some comment love today (okay, maybe I'll pick two) to send these to. *Pssst...make sure to leave an extra special comment because I'm kind of easily swayed. Just sayin'.

11 comments:

Just SO said...

If I'm the first commenter does that mean extra points?

They look like they might be some sort of yummy bread stick type of thing.

Oh and your kids are adorable. I love the red hair and the grin on your little boy!

Sam the Awesome said...

i know what they are!! you should send some to me bc you love me and im a starving college student!!! :)

springrose said...

At first I thought cinnamon rolls, then I remembered hearing you say you were going to make danishes, WHAT, no invite to me to learn how, how positively rude. Can you tell I have been watching American Girl movies with the kids?! Anyway on shere principal that I did not receive an invite, and I live so close, I think I should get some! Also did I mention there is no preschool tomorrow or monday, does this disqualify me? I hope not! April

Unknown said...

I thought cinnamon rolls too, but that's too easy. Everyone's heard of cinnamon rolls ... maybe some kind of scone or German pastry. Whatever it is, it's bound to be delicious if it involves lots of butter and dough. Let us know and give us the recipe if you can.

shanl said...

I love a good contest and I just live around the corner if I lose (in case you forgot). It wouldn't hurt to give your dear ol' neighbor a sampling of your fabulous traditional grandmother's recipe treats. Here's my answer: I think they are super-dooper long rectangular pizza dough beginnings that you spread with yummy sugary stuff instead of tomato sauce- kind of like a super long toboggan-ish dessert pizza. It's probably going to be so long, it'll reach from your house clear to mine and I'll just have to open my door and take a bite! Am I right?

Hiller Family said...

I have no idea what they are, but knowing you they are going to be delish!

shanl said...

Thank you Amy! They are divine and very buttery-flavorish!

Sam the Awesome said...

LAME SAUCE!! IM YOUR SISTER!! LAME SAUCE! thats all i have to say..this contest was rigged!

AW Cake! said...

Sorry Sam...I figure you're gonna love me no matter what AND I only have so many to give out... Love you though! :)

Just SO said...

Woo Hoo I won!! I just sent you an email but I forgot to say that I would love the recipe of these! Yay! *clap-clap-clap*

Ellen said...

Aren't they like "venebraughs" or something like that? I can hear your voice saying it I just can't remember the name!! Curses my short strange words retention!