Saturday, January 17, 2009

Fun With Pants


This is my 2 year old niece. (And monkey #2 and her dad) Last night we invited cutie pie and her parents over to celebrate Jeff's birthday and we were just sitting down to have some cherry pie when cutie pie decided that she was tired of wearing her pants on her bottom and that they'd look better on her top. Doesn't she look like a little diva? I love this picture - it says, "I know I'm all that - whatcha gonna do about it?" Later on she decided that instead of long pony tails she was going to turn them into ears and started barking at people.
It made me think back to when I used to wear things on my head. When I was about 5 my sister and I would take our Little House On The Prairie night gowns and pull them almost all the way off until they were magically transformed into long beautiful locks of hair. We'd take the arms and tie them in the back and then woosh our heads around so that everyone we met would know that we had beautiful long hair. (Forget the fact that it was often covered in little purple hearts or pink flowers.)
Then I remembered that my mom told me about how when I was about 2 years old I had a knit ski hat that I NEVER TOOK OFF. Have you seen those Tide commercials? The one with the little boy who wears the little knit hat all the time and his mom had to wash it while he was sleeping so that he wouldn't freak out? Yep, that was me. I wish I could go back to being two - where my biggest worries were whether or not my mom was going to sneak my hat away so that she could get the jam out of the pom-pom. Yeah, that'd be great.
What about you? Did you ever have a "woobie" that you were attached to?

6 comments:

Linda Gibbs said...

Cutie Pie is so cute!! She has such a cute personality. But with her fun parents, she is bound to be a character!

Heatherlyn said...

I never did, but my little brother had a shirt he called his "pocket shirt" owing to the small pocket on the front left side. My Mom had to take it off of him while he was sleeping in order to wash it!

springrose said...

So mine is a sad, sad tale of unpopped popcorn. My mom used to buy the huge bags of popcorn that you had to air pop. And for some reason I decided that the bag was my new baby. So she drew a face on it with a Sharpie and low and behold to me it was a real baby. I would cary it all around wraped in a blanket, I even had a name for it, but I can't remember it now. My happy little popcorn baby life was cut short when we ran out of the other bag of popcorn. Now I know any other mother would have thought of her little daughter BEFORE cutting open her little girls baby so that the family could have popcorn, but no, not mine. She visciously cut my poor popcorn baby open and she was no more. It was very traumatic, especially since I was probably only 2 or 3 and I still remember it, the look of the kitchen, the feeling everything. Very Sad!
Oh, I also remember wearing the night gown as hair and I also used to try on my sisters bra, she is very well endowed, I would see how many of my dad's wool socks it would take to fill the cups up. Great memories, thanks for the chance to walk down memorie lane! April

AW Cake! said...

Springrose! You made me L.A.U.G.H!!! You rock!

springrose said...

Well...(reguarding my post of course, you know over at springrosejournal.blogspot.com...a little shamful publicity never hurt right?) Anyway if you truely don't want to come and spend 1 afternoon or morning to come and learn how to make the lovelies.. I charge $10.00 if you bring me the yarn, if no yarn $10.00 plus the cost of the yarn. You decide. It only took me 2 hours to do Duncans and that was only because he wouldn't stop talking and I was haveing a hard time concentrating on what I was doing. Let me know. April
PS my word verification is bioutch...seriously that sounds like a swear word!

Goob said...

I used to do the nightgown thing too!