Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Yee-Haw!!!


Nothing gets my blood pumping like an awesome deal at the grocery store. Okay, actually I love it when I can get a great deal at ANY store. I've told you before, and I'll say it again...I have an addiction. I can just see it now, "Hello. My name is Amy and I'm a coupon-aholic." They'll have to start "C A" meetings just for moms like me who develop a talent for sniffing out good deals just so that they can get out of the house (with or without kids) once in awhile.
I really can only blame myself. Well, and my grocery manager at the local Albertsons. He's a great guy and everything, don't get me wrong, but an alcoholic doesn't need an enabler buying him a beer or whiskey or whatever else he might be wanting at that moment. MY grocery manager clips coupons for me and then sends me an email to let me know what he's got. It's like he's my own personal drug dealer. Then, of course, I can't resist emailing all of my other coupon-deprived (or adult conversation deprived) mom friends and telling them all about the deal too!
So,I got the email last night. I carefully went through my coupons and found the ones I'd need and made a game plan of how I wanted to proceed this morning when the sale started. You see, Jared (grocery manager) emails more than just me. I know, I know...you're asking yourself "where's the loyalty, man?" and I have to answer that I'm just happy that he includes me in his little circle of friends.
Anyway...
I got up this morning WAY before I usually do (6:07 to be exact) and kissed my dear husband goodbye so that I could get to the store before all of the masses arrived. I got there and realized that it was better than I anticipated!!! Imagine little Agustus Gloob in Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. Yep, that was me when I saw the amount of coupons neatly stacked on a table right at the front of the store. My eyes got wide and my fingers started to tingle and itch. Cookies, sugar, yogurt, 7-up and more! Where to start?? So I grabbed the nearest shopping cart praying that it would hold all of the treasures I'd find. I got yogurt (lots), chocolate chips (even more) and sugar. I don't want to brag or anything, but I also got 3 jugs of orange juice for FREE because I'm that good. Oh, I also got some cookies because they were such a great deal AND I had a $1 off coupon. Hello...who could resist?

5 comments:

Hiller Family said...

You seriously have a gift girlfriend! I use to be better, but have gotten lazy, hopefully this will light a fire under my behind so I will start doing better. Congrats on your deals!:)

Holly said...

Wow. I want to be on your email list when good deals come around. You're amazing!

Amy Bahnmiller said...

Good Job! (hows the diet? I've not had a crabby call yet! You must be rocking it girl!)

Unknown said...

Yippee! I sounds like you are totally having a better day since last time I saw you. Have fun rockin' the deals!

ME said...

Why do you think I am your friend? I only got on your blog so you would send me these fabulous deals. And still no luck! sigh. Maybe I will make friends with the manager.