We've had a great weekend! We started the trip pretty well. We had snacks, drinks and movies...we were set. We hit the road and put in the first movie and all was good until it was time for the second movie. The DVD player bit the big one as soon as the lady on "Enchanted" sang her last note. Bummer. Six kids and NO ENTERTAINMENT for a 6 hour trip. All I can say is thank goodness for Dramamine! Auntie Ellen and I used to talk about Dramamine cookies all of the time but I was JOKING! Ian started complaining of an upset stomach and so I took that as my cue to start handing out the meds.
We made it safely, and quietly, to Utah and dropped off the boys. My kids all screamed and about had coronaries when their little dog came out to greet their cousins. The dog was shaking pretty bad but I think the kids were shaking worse. We then said our goodbyes and hopped back in the car for the short jaunt down to Salt Lake to meet up with Jeff at his hotel. What a night! Three kids in one queen sized bed and us in the other one. I swear hotel beds are way smaller than normal people beds. Of course, it could be that we're just used to sleeping in a Cal-King and not even touching each other when we're ready to sleep. Maybe the close contact as we rolled over and breathed on each other is what kept us awake. Maybe it was the kids fighting over who had the most blankets - I'm not sure. All I know is that the bags under my eyes could have held a week's worth of underwear!
We went to play with my friend, Kris, and her kids for awhile - lots of fun - and then we dropped Emma off at her best friend's house for a birthday party and sleepover.
Here's Sydney and Emma on Saturday at the luncheon right after Syd's baptism. It was great to be able to go and support Sydney and her family on Saturday.
We then went to Dustin's house Saturday afternoon and the kids played with a huge cardboard box that was in the backyard. Jeff went out with them and helped cut holes in it so that they could be a "robot".
We had lots of fun visiting with our family members in Utah and just hanging out. I must admit, though, that it's much better to be home and in our own beds tonight! The last part of our trip went well in the car - even without the TV. Here are some pics of the kids trying to entertain each other.
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

2 comments:
What a fun and crazy weekend. The trips I remember most were full of boredom and chaos! So this will sure to be a favorite among all. But boy do I agree with you, there's no place like your own bed!
Drammamine cookies, we should patent that stat!!
Post a Comment