
Jeff is at Grandma's house and so I HAD to take Abbey with me when I took Ian to the bus stop this morning. The bus driver is a nice enough guy - sometimes he's a little early and sometimes he's a little late. Sometimes he's even ON TIME! (will wonders never cease?) So we drove to the bus stop - while I admit that I hate exercise more than getting a root canal I did have a valid excuse for driving...I had to go grocery shopping after he got on the bus.
Anyway...
We were waiting for the big yellow bus to come down the street and the kids got bored. They decided that a great way to pass the time would be to pick up all of the half rotted cherries that had dropped on to the road and drop them into the sewer drain on the corner. I had no problem with this - it kept them occupied and out of the middle of the road while we were waiting. Then Ian got bored and started to climb on the big green electrical box. As he was climbing, the front cover came off. I started to freak just a little because I didn't want him to get electricuted and ruin his new shoes. (I spent a whopping $17.50 on those babies!) As I was yelling at him to get off so he didn't scar the soles of his shoes, Abbey started sputtering and making gagging noises. I reeled around to see what was going on and found her trying to get something off of her tongue. Upon closer inspection I found a half eaten rotten cherry in her mouth and the other half in her hand. I tried to explain that they were yucky and she shouldn't eat them unless she was REALLY hungry when Ian yelled that the bus was coming down the road. I sighed with relief and turned to brush the grass off of his pants and give him a hug & kiss goodbye.
Must Have Wide Leg Jeans
4 days ago

1 comment:
What a way to start your day, thank goodness it's FRIDAY! Avery would have smashed them to make lipstick, don't you just love kids...
Post a Comment