Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Creepy Guy

There is this old guy that lives in my neighborhood who has a crazy look in his eyes, frizzy brownish hair and hunches over as he shuffles along the sidewalk. He's usually wearing a thin cotton button-down shirt (that he chooses to wear unbottoned so that the world can see his old man chest), shorts, long white socks that come up mid calf and a pair of loafers. Sometimes he has a little dog with matted hair on a leash with him. I only mention this man because tonight he was creeping me out a little more than usual. I typically see him walking around the neighborhood and try to avoid eye contact as I drive by. Tonight he was wandering around the grassy area behind our house. We have a chain link fence that the builder put up to keep people from getting into the ditch that runs behind our fence. Beyond the ditch is a very nice, very green grassy area. He was walking in the grassy area and every once in awhile he'd stop dead in his tracks to stare at my house. I was puttering in the kitchen, cleaning up after dinner, when I noticed him staring into my windows. He'd stare for a few minutes and then he'd shuffle a few feet away, slap at a mosquito and then stare some more. HE'S the reason why I have to make sure my blinds are all closed before the sun sets when Jeff's out of town. CREEPY!!! (I wish I had the guts to get a picture of him so you could see what he looks like - I chickened out, though)

2 comments:

Hiller Family said...

Seriously why do people have to be so weird. I would diffently keep my blinds closed with that weirdo looking in. Good Luck...

Amy Bahnmiller said...

I'll come take his picture and probably frighten him off all in the same moment! I love the fact that your children were doing marathons in your house.... did they sleep better having run all night?